Our building works to renovate Faversham House continue closely to plan at this stage. Stage 1 is complete and Stage 2 is well underway and Stage 3 is now in planning phase.
- Work has been completed on the extension to the AMU lounge/dining room.
- Work has commenced on the new kitchenette and part of the lounge/dining area. This is due to be completed in mid-July.
- During this time we have been using the Private Dining room, Wisteria Lounge and Activity Room as temporary resident lounge/dining areas. Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding of this disruption.
- Emergency egress will has now returned to normal.
- Renovation of the central area is well underway and we have moved into the completed 2/3rds recently. There have been a few unwelcome surprises setting the works slightly behind time. We are catching up quickly with the works in the last 1/3rd to catch up and hope to be finished in the next 2 weeks.
- The old salon has been gutted and will now house the Staff Office. Staff will move into this space next week.
- The current staff office will become a meeting room and the current meeting room will become the new Beauty Room.
- Next week work will begin to renovate the administration office next to room 19, the room opposite (currently the Beauty Salon and will become the Resident Laundry), the public toilet adjacent to this area, and renovation of the old GS medication room to become a treatment room.
- Once we have moved into the lounge/dining area currently under renovation, work will then begin on the final 1/3rd including the private dining room.
- Emergency egress will again be altered during this time. Please check the evacuation plans for updated information.
- Work will continue in the First North to renovate toilets, storerooms, utility rooms etc.
- Final works will be undertaken in the Men’s Lounge and Art/Craft room.
- The small lounge at the end of the corridor opposite room 114 will be converted to a Resident Room.
- All works on the First Floor should be complete by the end of July and life can get back to normal.
Ongoing on both Floors:
- Upgrades to the corridor and communal area lighting will continue
- Painting and carpet replacement will continue in stages in the corridors
- Planning for new signage is well under way. This will be installed in the Hamer Building first and then in Faversham Hose nearer to the end of the project.
During the renovations we will be keeping you up to date in various ways including:
- At the regular resident / staff meetings
- Regular updates in this format
- Updates on our website.
Should you have any questions in relation to the renovation or its impacts on you please do not hesitate to contact either of us.
Chief Executive Officer BASScare
Residential Manager Faversham House
Feel free to comment. We wanna hear you thoughts, your feedback or your opinion.