All registered aged care providers who are subsidised by the Commonwealth have to adopt 8 new quality standards on the 1st July 2019.
The Aged Care Quality Agency and the Complaints Commission combined on the 1st January 2019 to form the Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. This commission will be responsible for ensuring we meet all these standards at registered BASScare sites and services.
These standards have been designed and put in place to ensure all aged care services provide the best possible customer care to clients.
As a result we will be:
- Inspected by the Australian Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission.
- Visits from this agency will be unannounced and could happen at any time, including weekends and evenings.
BASScare is committed to this process and will work hard to ensure that we meet these standards so that we provide the best possible care for our clients so that they are treated as individuals with dignity and respect.
For more information about the standards click on this link:
- Links to the new standards
- Information about the rights of consumers
- How to make a complaint to the commissioner
Department of Health website for Aged Care:
Aged Care Charter of rights – Your rights as a consumer of aged care services:
To register for a government subsidised aged care service: