Dear staff, residents, families, volunteers and friends,
At this early stage our building works to renovate Faversham House are proceeding to plan. Plan Group and their contractors are making every effort to minimise the
noise and disruption from the works. This includes the construction of temporary walls on the ground floor while the nurse’s office and AMU lounge are renovated.
We understand that the building works may be disruptive at times and we apologise in advance for this. So far, we have been very impressed with how considerate the
contractors are in communicating and coordinating the timing of noisy works to minimise the impact on residents.
Works completed during the first 3 weeks
We are off to a flying start with works occurring on schedule.
- The dismantling of the following areas in readiness for fit out:
- Ground South nurse’s office, storeroom and pan room have been dismantled
- Ground Floor Salon
- Ground North bathroom and storeroom
- First South storeroom and CCC’s office
- The AMU lounge extension has been excavated and the new concrete slab poured
Works during March
The framing and construction of the AMU lounge extension and the fit out, including flooring, painting, light fixtures and cabinetry, for the following areas:
- Ground North staff office fit out
- Ground South staff office, pan room and store room fit out
- Ground Floor Salon fit out
- First South storeroom and CCC’s office fit out
The dismantling of the First South bathroom, pan room and cleaner’s room in readiness for fit out.
Works planned for April
- Ground floor lounge renovation commences
- First floor dismantling of the central nurse’s station and fit out of the new lounge/dining area
Evacuation Point (Car Park) reminder
During the renovation the current evacuation assembly area will be relocated from this garden area to the south side of the refuse area. Please look for the green and
During the renovations we will be keeping you up to date in various ways including:
- At the regular resident / staff meetings
- Regular updates in this format
- A dynamic display located in Reception. This will include finish samples, and a TV screen displaying updates on progress and computer-generated images of the final finish.
- Updates on our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Are the residents’ rooms being renovated?
Answer: Residents rooms will be renovated as and when they are vacated and this is anticipated to take about 3 years. There are 6 rooms that have commenced renovation this week. We expect them to be completed within 5-6 weeks.
- Question: Are there any works being conducted in Hamer?
Answer: There are no renovations planned for Hamer.
- Question: Will there be a lot of noise?
Answer: There will be some noise and the builders are very conscious of the fact that they are working in your home. Noisy works will be scheduled in a way to minimise disruption.
- Question: Will the corridors and smaller lounges be renovated?
Answer: The staging of this work will be agreed during the building process and communicated to you prior to commencement.
Should you have any questions in relation to the renovation or its impacts on you please do not hesitate to contact either of us.
Chief Executive Officer
Feel free to comment. We wanna hear you thoughts, your feedback or your opinion.