Autumn is always a time of year in Melbourne I look forward to…
We get some of the nicest weather of the year,
the trees look amazing but, most importantly,
the footy is back!
It’s also a very exciting time here at BASScare.
We’re looking forward to our first music concert
for the year (and in over a year), when we
welcome Bush Gothic as part of Melbourne
Recital Centre’s ‘Music Always’ program.
Day trip outings will resume on a Friday,
which I know many of you have been keenly
waiting for. Then there is a new music program
with Maranoa House as well as the return of
Wednesday afternoon movies. Add that to all
the regular exercise programs, lunches, arts and
craft, brain games and there has never been
a better time to return to the Canterbury and
Marwal Centres, or drop in for the first time and
Weekly Social Activity
Social Activity Programs
- Group Exercise Classes $12:
- Tuesday 10am – Novice with Anne Fisher Tuesday 11.15am – Novice with Anne Fisher
- Wednesday 10am – Intermediate with Bob McQuillen
- Thursday 10am (Marwal) – Intermediate with Matthew Azzopardi
- Thursday 10am (Canterbury) – Advanced with Sue McQuillen
- Brain Games – Interactive learning and puzzles with Garry $5
- Craft Group – Sewing, knitting and much more! – $5
Allied Health & Hairdressing Services
- Podiatry – Fortnightly at Canterbury and Marwal Centres – Starting from $12
- Exercise Physiology – One to one sessions with a qualified and experienced instructor – Starting from $20
- Hairdressing – Fortnightly at Canterbury and Marwal Centres – Cuts starting from $20 (Men) and $25 (Ladies).
Coming Soon – we’ll keep you posted
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions we are currently unable to offer transport and the following centre-based activities and lunches this month. We are constantly reviewing and assessing options for these services to return as soon as possible. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as soon as we have confirmed resumption dates.
- Learn Laugh and Lunch – Guest speakers and presentations on a wide variety of topics
- Art Group – Painting, drawing and pastels
- Pottery – Creating with Clay $15
- BC Connected – One to one help with technology – FREE
- Movie Afternoon – Selection of new and classic movies and documentaries
- Community Dining