About this opportunity
Volunteer in a creative and supportive role in our Pottery class. The volunteer will assist the Pottery Teacher with a variety of tasks. Be prepared to get your hands dirty, learn how to use clay, share stories and enjoy the company of wise elders!
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with room set up/pack up
- Greet clients and mark off attendance
- Assist clients with reduced dexterity and cognition
- Assist clients in creating and decorating their clay creations
Key Skills and Experience
- Great communication skills are a must as clients will be relying on your hands to create their work in some instances
- Ability to follow direction and interest in encouraging and helping older people in the community stay active and engaged
This role will allow the volunteer to assist older members in the local community to stay active and engaged through art. You will develop pottery knowledge and skills which you will be able to put into practice alongside elderly clients. You will develop your interpersonal skills, communication & teaching skills.
This role could suit
- All volunteers are encouraged to apply.
- National Police Certificate
- Thursday 1.30-4.30 pm
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please submit your application by completing the form below or if you prefer download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form, and return to Debbie Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org