Faversham House, Catering Department is currently seeking experienced Food Service Assistants (FSA) . Part time and Casual positions. Are you passionate about service, apply to join the BASScare Team.
The Food Services Assistant is responsible for, meal delivery and prepares meals, snacks and beverages to suit the individual dietary requirements of the consumer and ensure menu choices are offered.
FSA duties, though not limited to will include:
- Plating meals to a high standard to ensure proper preparation is achieved.
- Serve meals to the residents table according to their menu choice, dietary and personal requirements.
- Serve meals to the resident’s room according to their menu choice, dietary and personal requirements.
- Prepare / make snacks, other food and drinks as directed by Management.
- Set and clear tables according to the guidelines
- Ensure dining room is kept clean and tidy, condiments are clean and hygienic, tables and chairs are wiped and cleaned in accordance to the guidelines.
- Re-stocking of crockery, cutlery and condiments
- Sanitation control of the Kitchen / Kitchenettes
- Removal of rubbish
- Washing pots and pans.
- You are well organised and able to complete your days’ work.
- You are an effective communicator you have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- You are a proactive individual that fits easily into a close-knit team
- You are enthusiastic and take pride in delivering the best possible service to our residents
- You are friendly and loves a chat, is patient by nature and enjoys the company of seniors of varying needs.
- You understand the importance of assisting and supporting residents to maintain independence and dignity with respect to activities of daily living and lifestyle.
Salary and Benefits
- To be discussed at interview, this will depend on experience
- Access to our generous Not for Profit salary packaging
- Access to training and development
- Access to our Employee Assist Program (EAP)
- Close to public transport
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Free uniform
Hours of work
Casual – plenty of work with Christmas coming up
Have the availability to work across 7 days of the week
Shifts are 7:00 – 2:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Current Police Check
- Food Handling / Food Safety Certificate
- The right to work in Australia
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter stating why you are a perfect fit for this position to HR@basscare.org.au.
BASScare would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your application.