About this opportunity
Are you available to assist our instructor each Thursday from 1.45pm to 3.15pm? Our Falls Prevention exercise sessions help older people in the community stay active.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with room set up/pack up
- Greet clients and mark off attendance
- Encourage clients to participate in teacher lead exercises – some class participation required
- Assist instructor in monitoring clients who need additional support
- Guide clients in and out of educational sessions run during the program
Key Skills and Experience
- Great communication skills
- Ability to follow direction and interest in encouraging and helping older people in the community stay active
This role will allow the volunteer to assist older members in the local community to stay active, learn and practice exercises aimed at strengthening balance to minimise falls. You will develop your interpersonal skills, communication & teaching skills.
This role could suit
- All volunteers are encouraged to apply.
- National Police Certificate
- Thursday 1.45pm-3.15pm
- 15 Week Term from Thursday 21st March to Thursday 4th July.
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please submit your application by completing the form below or if you prefer download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form, and return to Debbie Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org