BASScare is a Not For Profit organisation located in Canterbury, which provides Allied Health Services to people over 55 as well as a suite of other services to enable them to stay active and engaged in their local community.
As an Exercise Physiologist working in community Aged Care you will have the chance to make a real different in the day-to-day lives of seniors in the community. You will be an integral part of our friendly and cohesive team passionate about getting the best possible outcomes for our clients. Through your exercise prescription and lifestyle interventions you will be helping clients to maintain their physical function, reach their health and wellbeing goals and keep them doing the things they love! All this leads to a fantastic opportunity to for an enthusiastic Exercise Physiologist who is looking for great job satisfaction and to be part of growing service portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct one-to-one Exercise Physiology appointments
- Facilitate group exercise programs
- Conduct allied health assessments, develop and deliver exercise interventions
- Triage incoming referrals and review medical clearance forms
- Complete and update clinical and assessment notes in client management systems.
- Collaborate with community service team and various stakeholders to reach client focused outcomes
- Develop the program to reach a greater number of clients in our are
- You are passionate about health and wellbeing and getting the best outcomes for clients
- You are patient by nature and enjoy the company of seniors of varying needs
- You are experienced Exercise Physiologist or a New Graduate
Hours of work
Full time – negotiable
- Great team and organisation culture
- Access to Not for Profit salary packaging – increasing your take home pay
- Access to on-going training and development
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist
- Current ESSA registration
- Experience working independently in a clinical environment
- Current Police Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Three COVID vaccinations
How to apply
For a copy of the Position Description and an overview of our organisation, please click here.
Apply via Seek. Please attach your resume and a cover letter which reflects your passion for the role.
BASScare would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your application