Aged & Disability Support
BASScare is a community based, not-for-profit organisation, providing compassionate care for the aged in the Boroondara community. Our journey began 65 years ago when we first formed in 1956 as the Canterbury Citizens Welfare Committee.
Every one of our services is designed to enhance not only physical and mental wellbeing, while encouraging independence and embracing diversity, flexibility, choice, respect and, above all, dignity.
We’re seeking an experienced Exercise Physiologists to join our growing team. If you are passionate about delivering a range of enriching exercise programs and initiatives, this is the role for you.
Our Exercise Physiologists develop and deliver a range of exercise programs that enhance the wellbeing of our clients. As an Exercise Physiologist, some of your responsibilities will include:
Creating and delivering programs and initiatives – You’ll use your fitness and exercise knowledge to deliver interesting and unique programs for our clients. Your programs will motivate our clients to join in, support physical wellbeing and. Upon request, you’ll also deliver 1:1 exercise sessions with clients.
Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary care team – Exercise Physiologists understand that the best programs and initiatives come from working as a team.
- An Exercise and Sports Science Australia approved Four Year Bachelor Degree Qualification OR Three Year Bachelor Degree Qualification + Postgraduate Exercise Physiology Qualification OR an equivalent international qualification, plus a minimum of two year’s professional experience. Whatever your qualifications, you’ll have an understanding of the rapidly growing and changing seniors’ living space, and a passion to deliver outstanding experiences for our residents.
- Technology is at the core of what we do here. You’ll be comfortable using the Microsoft Office suite, as well as other business applications to get the job done.
- You’re an ideas and actions person. You enjoy coming up with new programs and initiatives, and are keen to see them through to completion.
- You’re a great communicator. Whether it’s face-to-face, email, letters or on the phone, you can clearly and concisely explain complex concepts to a diverse range of people.
- You’ll have a full driver’s license. A police check, first aid and CPR qualifications are all advantageous, but if you don’t have them, we can help you if you join the team.
Hours of work on offer
Permanent part-time shifts are available.
Please specify your availability for the following shifts in your application:
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Salary and Benefits
- Access to our Not for Profit salary packaging
- Access to on-going training and development
- Access to our Employee Assist Program (EAP)
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
How to apply
For a copy of the Position Description and an overview of our organisation, please click here.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
BASScare would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your application