About this opportunity
Do you enjoy exercise and making a difference in other people’s lives? We run Exercise Classes four days per week and our Exercise Assistant roles are available for short and long programs that are run during the year across 3 locations. Emergency and fill in roles are also available during the year. As this is a popular volunteering activity, we also maintain a waiting list so please enquire if interested.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set up and pack up of the room
- Provide social interaction, support and encouragement throughout the session
- Serve tea and coffee after class
Key Skills and Experience
- The volunteer will be friendly and outgoing with great communication skills
The volunteer will develop their skills in communication, interpersonal skills, leadership, problem solving, advocacy, team work and get to know our clients and staff. The volunteer will assist an individual to develop their quality of life, gain strength, confidence and improve mobility as well as assisting a qualified Exercise Instructor in running the class.
This role could suit
- All volunteers are encouraged to apply.
- Health Sciences Students
- Personal Trainers or Students
- National Police Certificate
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please submit your application by completing the form below or if you prefer download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form, and return to Debbie Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org