Update as at 11/10/2021 – For more information about exposure sites as a result of the positive case in Melbourne https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/case-locations-and-outbreaks-covid-19.
Faversham House Residential Aged Care
Visitor restrictions are currently in place. We are happy to announce we have reinstated the in room visiting for fully vaccinated immediate family only (spouse or child). Window visits will remain available for extended family, friends and those who are not fully vaccinated. These changes will apply from Monday the 11th of October with the following limitations. Please read these carefully to avoid the disappointment of having an in room visit denied. Also, please do not ask staff to make an exception to the limitations for you as this places them in a very uncomfortable and awkward position that adds to their workplace stress.
- visiting is by booking only via the appointment software and will be offered from 9-5, 7 days per week (as is the case now).
- visits can be booked during lunch time to maximise the number of visits available in each unit each day. Lunch will be held for the resident until the visit is completed.
- visitors must show evidence of double vaccination for COVID on arrival or must continue to use window visits.
- receipt of the second dose must have been at least 2 weeks before the visit.
- visiting in room will be restricted to 1 visitor at a time for 30 minutes and 1 visit per day per resident.
- visitors must observe the 1.5 metre distancing and mask wearing requirements at all times. This will be monitored and changes may be made to visiting without notice if compliance is not met.
- visitors must go directly to the resident’s room and exit directly. They must not enter the communal areas, garden spaces or staff offices. Visitors must continue to ring the Unit if they wish to discuss care issues with staff.
- window visitors must check in using the app but do not need to come into reception to complete a screening form.
- in room visitors must use the app and complete the screening process, including providing evidence of vaccination, prior to proceeding to the room.
- vaccination evidence must be the certificate available from your Medicare or myGov account. We recommend saving a copy to your phone for easy access.
When booking a visit, please ensure you add which specified purpose you will use to justify your booking in the required additional information box on the booking form. The specified purposes are:
- providing care and support for the resident’s physical or emotional wellbeing
- as a nominated person of a resident who is living with dementia
- providing interpreter or informal language support to enable the care team to provide care
The best option is to copy the relevant option and paste it into the required additional information box when you proceed to the booking.
These visiting arrangements will be in place until further notice and will be reviewed considering the same matters as listed above and against any new information or directions that we become aware of.
We thank you again for your ongoing support and understanding. Please feel free to forward this email as you deem necessary to ensure all relevant residents’ contacts are aware of these new arrangements.
Social Activities and Programs – Canterbury Centre and Marwal Centre
Due to the greater risk with the Delta variant, the Canterbury Centre is currently closed, however the below will still take place:
- Brain Games, Learn, Laugh and Lunch and Art Class Zoom’s
- Exercise class conference calls
- Podiatry home visits to clients with a critical need may be available on a case-by-case basis
- Individual wellness and check in calls
Please contact Canterbury Centre reception on 9880 4709 if you have any queries or concerns.
Meals on Wheels
We are currently still delivering Meals on Wheels in Boroondara. Anyone over the age of 65 who is requiring meals on wheels please contact MyAgedCare on 1800 200 422 or www.myagedcare.com.au to get a referral to BASScare Meals on Wheels service.
Once we receive your information from MyAgedCare we will be in contact with you. If you already have a package with a home care package provider please ask them to phone us on 03 9880 4703.
Maranoa House Dementia Day Care Centre and The Maranoa Club
The Maranoa House Dementia is currently closed.
Please contact Maranoa House on 03 8809 4979 if you have any queries or concerns.