About this opportunity
Are you experienced with technology and would like to assist elderly members of the community to learn and develop their skills in using technology such as FaceTime, Google search and how to download and use apps? This is an opportunity to help residents of the Boroondara community become more digitally engaged and be able to connect with their family, friends and community.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist elderly residents to learn and develop skills in using technology such as FaceTime, Google search and how to download and use apps
- The volunteer will report to a manager who will organize the tutor content and sessions, however the volunteer will be encouraged to develop content ideas.
- The tutor may also work alongside students from local high schools who are on work and volunteering placements, therefore you may be asked to brief the students for that session
Key Skills or Experience
- This role will suit someone who has experience with technology, either through every day use or with a qualification in the field.
- The volunteer has a natural ability to teach and communicate effectively with others, possesses patience and has no problem repeating themselves.
- The volunteer is friendly, a team player and can work collaboratively.
- National Police Certificate
- Working with Children Check
- Thursday 1.30pm-4.00pm and Friday 1.30pm – 4.00pm
- Volunteer is required each week but can negotiate. Eg. every 3rd Friday.
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form,
and return to Janet Crago, firstname.lastname@example.org