Our Residential home – Faversham House, located in Canterbury is currently searching for a talented, committed and experienced Clinical Care Coordinator – Registered Nurse Grade 5.
The Clinical Care Coordinator is a member of Faversham House’s management team and is accountable for the supervision and management of the residential service including delivery of care and services, resolving maintenance issues, performance management concerns and rostering.
- To be responsible for the provision of clinical care services to residential aged care residents.
- To manage the preparation, monitoring and maintenance of residents’ care plans and other documentation using a supportive and educational approach with staff.
- To provide direction and support to Faversham House staff.
- To manage complaints
- To work closely with the ACFI staff to ensure that ACFI documentation is completed correctly in accordance with the ACFI business rules and submitted on time. This includes demonstrating the correct assessment process to care staff and ensuring it is consistent with the care plan.
- Manage, monitor and where required deliver complex care.
- Ensure staff adhere to all policies and procedures, relevant legislation, regulations and standards relating to care and service delivery.
- In consultation with the Residential Manager and Care Manager assist in the management of staff, including rostering, performance management, team engagement and the maintenance of a healthy, positive workforce culture.
- To work closely with the Quality Coordinator to monitor standards, lead quality improvement activities, promote innovation and ensure compliance with the Accreditation Standards.
- Maintain and where applicable continue to improve own knowledge and skills
- You are willing and able to lead by example and identify and address instances of staff performance that does not meet organisational expectation
- You are willing and able to take responsibility for and run the home in the absence of the Care Manager
- You are a capable leader, who is comfortable to mentor and provide advice to staff contemporaneously.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and keen to learn and develop
- You are patient by nature and enjoy the company of seniors of varying needs.
- You understand the importance of assisting and supporting residents to maintain independence and dignity with respect to activities of daily living and lifestyle.
- You are committed to delivering person centred care
- Your administration skills including computer skills are of a very high standard.
- You are passionate about education and training, you take a lead role in promoting the value of up skilling.
Hours, Salary and Benefits
- Salary to be discussed, based on experience
- Full Time, Monday – Friday
- Access to our generous Not for Profit salary packaging (increase your take-home pay by packaging up to $15,900 of your annual salary plus further Meals and Entertainment benefits)
- Access to on-going training and development
- Access to our Employee Assist Program (EAP)
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Free Uniform
Hours of work
Casual – plenty of work with Christmas coming up
Have the availability to work across 7 days of the week
Shifts are 7:00 – 2:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Current police check
- Registered Nurse
- 3 years working experience in residential Aged Care
- Registered with APHRA
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACFI and accreditation process
- Previous experience with electronic clinical record – preferably iCare
- Experience in management and monitoring of workforce learning and development
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter stating why you are a perfect fit for this position to HR@basscare.org.au.
BASScare would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your application.