About this opportunity
Volunteer your time to provide support and assistance to the carers taking a little time out from supporting family members or friends living with Dementia. Gain some valuable insight listening & learning about Dementia and its complexities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with meal serving and clean up
- Provide supportive listening
Key Skills and Experience
- The volunteer will be friendly and outgoing with great communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Dementia would be advantageous but not required
The volunteer will develop their skills in communication, interpersonal skills, advocacy, team work and get to know our clients and staff. The volunteer will also develop knowledge on the complexities of Dementia.
This role could suit
- All volunteers are encouraged to apply.
- National Police Certificate
- Fourth Monday Monthly 11.00-3.00pm
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please submit your application by completing the form below or if you prefer download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form, and return to Debbie Hall, email@example.com