About this opportunity
Are you bilingual or multilingual? This role provides you with an opportunity to socialise with an elder resident and converse in their natural language. Regular visits can be over a cup of tea or coffee, during a walk in the fresh air or whilst you are participating in a puzzle, game or craft activity.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Visit a resident at Faversham House who speaks the same language as the volunteer
- Chat in the residents’ natural language over tea or coffee
- Go for a walk in the fresh air
- Participate in a puzzle, game or craft activity
Key Skills and Experience
- The volunteer will be friendly and outgoing with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- The volunteer will know a foreign language well and be willing to converse with a resident in that language and get to know them.
This role provides the resident and the volunteer with the opportunity to socialise in their natural language and create and develop a friendship. In this role the volunteer will develop skills in communication, interpersonal skills, elder care, health, advocacy, planning, as well as problem solving. A bilingual or multilingual volunteer is encouraged to apply.
- National Police Certificate
The volunteer will be required on a regular day and time as agreed upon by the volunteer and BASScare.
Training will be provided for the successful applicant.
How to apply?
Please submit your application by completing the form below or if you prefer download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form, and return to Debbie Hall, email@example.com