BASScare is a Not For Profit organisation which operates an integrated program of services including meals-on-wheels, residential care facilities, respite care, dementia specific services, retirement living, as well as planned activity groups at day centres, for older people who wish to remain active and engaged with their local communities.
BASScare is located in the leafy suburb of Canterbury we are currently seeking a recently qualified Assistant Gardener / Grounds Person.
To assist the Head Gardner/Grounds person to maintain properties, grounds and garden. Ensuring all properties are clean, tidy and safe and maintained aesthetically and functionally.
Some of the duties include:
- Maintain gardens including landscaping, mowing, whipper snipping, hedging, removal of small tree branches and watering.
- Collect and remove garden waste, rubbish and spills to ensure a clean, safe and presentable garden.
- Assist and encourage consumers with the developing, propagating, buying, maintaining, planning and co-ordinating herb gardens, vegetables, flowers, plant pots and watering.
- Maintain water fountains, ensure water is fresh and clean. .
- Operate and maintaining gardening machinery and equipment to required safety standard
- Respond to consumer requests in a timely manner.
- You have a passion for learning on the job about for all aspects of horticulture and garden maintenance
- You take pride in your work
- You are patient by nature and enjoy the company of seniors of varying needs
- Certificate in Horticulture or Certificate IV in Horticulture or equivalent
- Some experience working in a professional horticultural environment.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Current drivers licence
- Current Police Check
- COVID vaccine
Hours of work and location
Full time position
Working across multiple sites within Canterbury, Surrey Hills, Balwyn North & Glen Iris
Salary and Benefits
- $26.90 per hour – this will depend on qualifications and experience
- Access to our Not for Profit salary packaging
- Close to public transport
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our recognition and reward program
- Quarterly social functions
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Free Uniform
- Use of company van and equipment during work hours.
How to apply
Download a copy of the Position Description here and then please return to SEEK
Attach your resume
Attach your covering letter stating why you are a perfect fit for this position.
Please note applicants that do not include a covering letter will not be taken into consideration. Due to the volume of applicants received only short listed candidates will be notified.
BASScare would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your application.