1956

Organisation began as Canterbury Citizens Welfare Committee.

1957

Meals on Wheels began from the Holeproof factory in Deepdene.

1959

The Canterbury Centre building, in Rochester Road, Canterbury, was completed and Meals on Wheels commenced from there.

1963

Faversham Court, the first of the 78 independent living units, which now number over 100, was completed.

1971

Chatham Lea Hostel in Chatham Road, Canterbury was opened with 23 units.

1976

Chatham Lea Hostel was expanded to include a further 21 units.

1983

Harcourt Nursing Home was opened.

1992

Chatham Lea Hostel was expanded to increase accommodation to 81 beds. Modifications were made to Harcourt Nursing Home, increasing accommodation to 30 beds.

2001

Canterbury Citizens Welfare Committee merged with North Balwyn Citizens Welfare Association to form Boroondara Aged Services Society (BASS Care is the trading name for the Society)

2004

Commenced the construction of a new 125 bed aged care facility in Faversham Road, Canterbury. This was completed in July, 2006.

2006

In April, BASS Care took over the management and running of Hamer Court Hostel in East Kew. This was previously run by the City of Boroondara. In June, BASS Care merged with Airdrie House Society Inc. In July, the new aged care accommodation facility for residents from Chatham Lea Hostel and Harcourt Nursing Home was completed.

2007

In January, the residents from Hamer Court, East Kew moved to their new home in Canterbury.

2010

Commenced the construction of a new 60 Bed wing attached to Faversham House on the site where Chatham Lea Hostel once stood.

2012

Commenced BASS Care in Home Nursing and Support.